Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Six Sigma is a well-organized data-driven methodology for reducing variation in any process – from manufacturing to service and thereby reducing defects. The goal is to accomplish near perfection (3.4 defects per million opportunities). Process improvement and variation reduction are achieved through the application of either DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) or DMADV (Define, Measure, Analyze, Design, Verify) methodologies.
The application of Lean focuses on speed, efficiency, and waste elimination from the process.
When Six Sigma is used in concert with Lean, it can deliver breakthrough improvement that can significantly improve an organization’s performance and thereby improve organizational parameters.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training offers insight into the elementary practices of Six Sigma methodologies. A Yellow belt trained and certified resource possesses the knowledge for improving processes thereby enhancing the customer satisfaction level & improved business processes.
VINDATI is a trusted name in the professional training and consulting space. We bring unique training & consulting methodology to meet the ever-evolving needs of the industry.
The Black Belt program @ VINDATI:
1) Emphases on learning, understanding, and implementation of concepts rather than just gaining theoretical knowledge
2) Small batch size and Interactive Classes
3) Facilitation by an industry expert who is certified Master Black Belt and has experience of over 18 years
4) 16 + hours of Instructor-led interactive virtual classroom session on the weekend/ weekday
5) 6 Months post-training completion support i.e Revision classes once a month
6) Support from subject expert via Email or telephonic on the weekend
7) Data visualization learning using MINITAB
8) CLSSYB certification examination anytime within the 90 days course duration
9) Lifetime validity of the certificate
1) A Yellow Belt certified individual possesses the basic knowledge of Six Sigma. Yellow Belts are often accountable for the creation of process maps to support Six Sigma execution. A Yellow Belt participates as a core team member on a project or projects
Knowledge of the Six Sigma Yellow Belt enables you to understand real-world business problems, sharpens your business acumen & commitment towards improving processes, and thus giving you a competitive advantage over others
The Six Sigma program is designed for professionals and students who want to develop the ability to lead process improvement initiatives. Six Sigma tools and process is widely used in all business processes. Six Sigma is applicable in all industry and all functional areas individuals looking to switch to a new ﬁeld with a different domain or industry
1) People who aspire to develop skills in data analytics, process improvement, project management, team management, time management, leadership, lean improvement, performance improvement, waste reduction, service efﬁciency, quality enhancement, business skills, and more
2) This course is highly relevant for working professionals having one of the following proﬁles: Business analysts, Project managers, Delivery managers, Team leaders, Finance professionals, Quality professionals, Management professionals, Process managers, Senior Associates, and related more
3) Generally, participants who pursue Six Sigma Certiﬁcation belong to one of the following industries: Marketing, banking, ﬁnance, research, healthcare, IT/ITeS, logistics, aviation, banking, telecom, automobile, pharmaceutical, FMCG, outsourcing, hospitality, and many more
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Requirement:
1) Clearing of the exam with at least 70% marks
On successful completion of the course and course requisites, the candidate will be certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification.
Your Six Sigma Certification Validation Tool can be used by employers, clients, and other stakeholders to validate the authenticity of the Six Sigma Certifications you have received.
Course Curriculum - YELLOW BELT
|GETTING STARTED WITH SIX SIGMA||MEASURE PHASE||IMPROVE PHASE|
|# What is Quality||# Type of Data||# Benchmarking - Identify Solutions|
|# Cost of quality||# Basic Statistics||# Solution - Pilot|
|# Origin of Six Sigma||# Measure of Central Tendency||# Solutions - Full-Scale Implementation|
|# Levels & Certification in Six Sigma||# Measure of Variation|
|# What is Six Sigma||# Process Capability||CONTROL PHASE|
|# Areas where Six Sigma can be applied||# Attribute Data - Sigma level calculation||# Statistical Process Control (SPC)|
|# Benefits of Six Sigma||# Attribute Data - DPMO calculation||# Control Charts|
|# Ways to commence projects|
|DEFINE PHASE||# Identification of X's||# Difference between Lean and Six Sigma|
|# Type Of Customers||# Data Door Approach||# Muda, Muri, Mura|
|# Ways of gathering VOC||# Process Door Approach||# 8 Types of waste|
|# Project Charter||# 7 Tools of Quality||# 5 Why|
|# Problem Statement||# Histogram|
|# Goal Statement||# Scatter Plot|
|# Team Creation||# Pareto Charts|
|# C & E|
|# Flow Chart|
|# Check Sheet|
|# Control Charts|